The Wheeling Dog Park Association is a coalition of dog owners from across the Ohio Valley coming together to build the area’s first dog park. The association believes in fostering a safe environment for like-mind dog owners to socialize with their pets. The Community Foundation of the Ohio Valley serves as the fiscal sponsor of the association.
We LOVE our dogs. We BELIEVE they are integral parts of our families. Because of this, the Wheeling Dog Park Association is COMMITTED to creating a safe, secure, easily accessible venue for our canine companions to exercise and socialize.
And, Wheeling isn’t alone in this belief.
- 62% of all U.S. households include at least one pet.1
- Americans spent nearly $60 billion on pets in 2014.2
- Dog parks are the fastest growing segment of city parks with more than 600 off-leash parks in the 100 largest cities.3
- PetSafe has awarded $650,000 to 14 cities over four years for the construction of dog parks with Wheeling winning $25,000 in 2013.4
- West Virginia’s major cities all have at least one dog park, including: Morgantown, Charleston, Huntington and Parkersburg